- NeedleTrainer uses a retractable needle and virtual image overlays to simulate needling non-invasively on a live participant, using the authentic, live ultrasound scan.
- This enables trainees to develop hand-eye coordination, optimum positioning, and accuracy in ultrasound-guided interventional procedures in a safe, realistic, clinical environment.
- Practise needle-probe coordination skills, on any body habitus, during real-time scanning on a real subject.
HOW DOES IT WORK?:
- Composed by the trainer system, a live ultrasound equipment and an anatomical or real patient.
- Needling is performed anywhere on the volunteer with the probe and a retractable syringe.
- A live ultrasound feed is fed directly into the system.
- A high fidelity visualisation of a needle is displayed live on-screen to assist in developing the hand-eye coordination skills required for safe and accurate placement of the needle in ultrasound-guided interventional procedures.
METRICS FOR PROFICIENCY OF NEEDLE PROBE COORDINATION:
- Needle visualization measurements provide objective quantitative metrics for needle probe alignment, to aid assessment in proficiency and competence of needle probe coordination.
TAILOR NEEDLE SPECIFICATIONS TO YOUR PROCEDURE:
- Allows customization of the virtual needle simulation according to the procedure & specialty requirements
- Echogenicity: Obvious, semi-obvious and realistic
- Gauge: 14G, 18G, 22G and 27G