- The simulator consists of a portable, multifunctional dental unit and an electromagnetic tracking system, which reproduces in real time position of a virtual handpiece on the screen, while a pre-installed software assesses the accuracy of the conducted procedures
- This configuration includes the base system with free drill module plus all training modules.
THE TRACKING SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE:
- The microsensors, attached to the dental handpiece, are tracked in full 6DOF (6 Degrees-Of-Freedom) at speeds up to 240 Hz achieving impressive accuracy
- The truly unique software is structured in modules to visualize and assess various dental procedures: starting from history taking and X-Ray imaging up to anesthetic injection and crown preparation
3D VISUALIZATION OF THE TEETH:
- The extremely accurate 3D tooth models on the screen are rendered precisely from the tooth model in the typodont.
THE ASSESSMENT CRITERIA:
- The trainee obtains feedback about his/her performance both during a simulation training in real time and after completing it.
- The assessed criteria are history taken from a virtual patient, relevance of the chosen anesthetic, injection technique, quantitative parameters of tooth preparation, ergonomics and safety parameters.
- All of them are presented both in quantitative and graphic scales.
THE DEBRIEFING OPTION:
- The simulator has an integrated debriefing. Every event, 3D capturing of the screen, video capturing from the external camera and comments are synchronized on a time scale (log).
- It is possible to navigate through it.
- Every lesson begins with a briefing, which contains patient’s complaints and history, physical examination results and related images.